Thursday, May 25, 2017

The forgiving sort, am I.

Oh me, oh my. I have been felled. By Mother Nature. By poison ivy. Itchy rashes. On my legs and arms. What am I to do? Suffer, I suppose. Treat it.  And wish for better days. I should have been on the lookout. While doing springtime gardening. Instead, I was careless. Working in my shorts. Kneeling. On the ground. As if in worship of Mother Nature. I keep telling myself. It's worth the price. Of the feel of dirt. On my bare hands. Thinking I was having a love affair. With Mother Nature. But it was reckless love. I should have known better. I’m taking prednisone.  A steroid. Frequently used in the treatment of rashes. Ointments give me relief, too. Meanwhile, I'll go on my daily long, long walks. Observing the wonders of nature. From a safe distance. I know. I know. Mother Nature can be cruel.  But I’m still in love. I'm the forgiving sort. --Jim Broede

No comments: