Saturday, July 15, 2017

In my deep, deep sleep.

I have dedicated a great part of my life. To pondering. About the absurdity of life. I do this. Because that is what I was born to do. It’s my creator-given mission. Of course, I also take time off. And try to ponder not at all. To cease thinking. About anything. Maybe that is why I have been blessed with sleep. Moments of unconsciousness. But even then, I can’t fully escape. I lapse Into the consciousness of dreams. Though I can’t always tell that it’s me. Dreaming. It may be someone else. Taking control of my mind.  Sending me a message. That I often don’t understand. Perhaps I was born. To imagine. That I’m living. When really, I’m dead. Yes. Yes. I am blessed by my creator.  Who allows me to imagine. That I am very much alive. Whenever the urge emerges. In my deep, deep sleep. --Jim Broede

No comments: