Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Endless self-deception.

I’m in search of truth. And I wonder. If I’m deceiving myself. By losing my objectivity.  By creating truth. On the basis of what I want truth to be. Yes. Yes. I want truth that makes me happy. That gives me the opportunity to search for elusive truth. Forever.  That is my mission. The constant search.  Finding truth may be an impossible task. Truth is susceptible to change. Especially for me. Truth can change. From moment to moment. Or from circumstance to circumstance. And everyone has his/her right to their own truth. The right to lie to one’s self. And to others. Perhaps we live in a world of liars. Pretending to be looking for truth. Certainly, that’s the nature of politics. Maybe even the nature of life. Self-deception. Self-deception. Endless self-deception. --Jim Broede

No comments: