Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Give me time to think.

Not sure. That I’ve flowed properly into modern times. Could be. That I’m not a model of a very modern man. Could be. That I’m still living more in the past than the present. Seldom use a cell phone. And so many other nifty gadgets.  Of course, I rely on my computer. Writing emails. And a blog. Pretending. That I have a foot in the modern age. I use the Internet. I’m on Skype. Daily. Connected to my Italian amore. Yes, I do what’s essential. To cultivate and advance my life. As a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer, a writer. Doesn’t really matter whether I’m living in the 17th or the 21st century. I always find ways to get by.  Fortunately, I still have the tools of a bygone era. Pens and pencils. Allowing me to write in the old-fashioned way. By scribbling my thoughts Anywhere. Any place. Think about it.  When I was in the sixth grade. I was an elite. The best in my class. With an A-plus in penmanship. Now my teacher. Would be aghast. Critical of my sloppy penmanship. Yes, I’m no longer a kid. Who took penmanship seriously. Not sure. If that’s good or bad. Give me time to think. About whether I want to be a thoroughly modern man. --Jim Broede

No comments: