Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Life in a blink.

I am.  For me, that’s hard to believe. But it must be true. Because I sense. That I really am. And not merely a figment of a wild imagination. I exist. At this moment. In time and space.  In flesh. That I can touch and see. How can this be? Why am I here? Capable of consciously knowing. That I am. Specifically me. And that I have a history. Of having become me. Eighty-two years ago. In Chicago. To the best of my knowledge, the vast cosmos in which I live, has existed for billions of years. Perhaps forever. Without me. Until I suddenly show up. So very recently. Why not sooner or later? Why now? Maybe it’s just random happenstance. With no rhyme or reason. A roll of the dice. And surprise. Here I am. Quite likely. For no reason at all. Makes me wonder. If that’s all there is to life. Here for a blink of an eye. And gone forever. In the next blink. --Jim Broede

No comments: