Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Living life. In grand fashion.

Weathering the storm. It’s an idiom I use frequently. Because life is full of storms. I love to ride out storms. That’s what I see many of you doing. Here in musings. When I was caring for Alzheimer-riddled  Jeanne, we dared to venture out. In a wheelchair. In the middle of a thunderstorm. Jeanne loved it. I loved it. Primarily because I witnessed Jeanne loving it. Yes. Yes. So many ways to reach someone with dementia. To experience turbulent weather. In the winter, I tucked Jeanne into a thermal sleeping bag. Nestled in the wheelchair. Out we went. Into the blustery blizzard.  Jeanne was delighted. So was I. But someone notified the police. Suggesting that Jeanne was being endangered.  My. My. How people get it wrong. Jeanne was being stimulated. Imagine that. We were merely weathering the storm. Living life. In grand fashion. --Jim Broede

No comments: