Friday, November 10, 2017

Tell me. It's only a nightmare.

I see crazy people. On the loose. Walking around. They should be in out-patient treatment, at the very least. Maybe even locked up. Because of very serious mental health issues. Of course, that’s my warped and biased opinion. Furthermore, I’m not qualified to make these judgments. Could be that a case could be made against me. That I’m the one that should be put away. I’m eccentric. Unusual. An opinionated gadfly. But does that make me as crazy as our president, Donald Trump? I’m not asking just to be funny. Trump is a loony tune. I’m roundly chastised. By some of his supporters. For saying this. Trump is their political hero. Their guru. They believe that Trump will bring about much-needed political change. And here I am. Convinced. Beyond a doubt. That Trump is dangerous. To himself. To our country. To the world. Trump has been labeled a narcissus by armchair psychiatrists, like me. I wonder. How it could be. That a crazy man was elected president of the United States of America. It’s driving me over the edge. Into  crazy land. Please, tell me. It’s only a nightmare. I’ll wake up soon. To discover there’s no Donald Trump. --Jim Broede

No comments: