Saturday, December 16, 2017

The eternal optimist.

Think about it. You’re writing. Or reading. You’re musing. On these message boards. Helps to sustain you. Getting you through the Alzheimer’s experience. Doesn’t matter what you muse about. Whether it’s directly related to the subject of dementia or not. As long as it gets you through. You come here. Because you feel like it. Some of you to write. Others merely to read. Hopefully, to ponder what’s happening to you and your loved ones. You are trying to survive. Tough and emotional times. You don’t agree with everything going on. On these message boards. Or in your beleaguered life. But you choose to participate.  To stick around. For varied reasons. Makes me wonder, too.  Why I keep participating. Almost on a daily basis. Ten years after Jeanne died. Maybe it’s that I’m hooked. On the camaraderie. Of musing. With those that are mostly where I was at. Ten years ago. I want everyone to know. That you can do it. You can cope with virtually anything. By thinking about. Where you go from here. All I can say. Life remains a wonderful and beautiful experience. I wish for life to last and last and last. So that I can savor more and more and more. By musing my way through. Yes, I am aboard. The good ship. Called Musing. Convinced. Beyond a doubt. That I’m sailing. To Paradise. What can be more optimistic than that? Please. Call me the eternal optimist. --Jim Broede

No comments: