Monday, February 26, 2018

Easier than shoveling snow.

Yesterday. I spent most of the day. On my roof. Removing snow. With a shovel. Thought the snow was getting too deep. Besides. I needed an upper body workout. I’m lazy that way. Generally. I walk. Up to 10 miles a day. My legs are in good shape. It’s my arms and shoulders. That get neglected.  I’m thankful. For all the snow. That we’ve had in the past two weeks. Giving me opportunity. To shovel the driveway, sidewalks, back porch, decks and boardwalks. Normally, I leave the roof.  For Mother Nature to clear. She does a brilliant job. On sunny days. But occasionally. She needs an assist. And I’m more than ready to oblige. It’s a thrill. Standing knee deep in snow.  A privilege, really. Because I’m addicted. To exercise. That’s my fix. Especially when I stay in perpetual motion. In an easy rhythm. A form of dance. Yes. Yes. My roof became a dance floor. For a waltz. And best of all. A tango. With Mother Nature as my partner. Easier than shoveling snow. --Jim Broede

No comments: