Sunday, April 22, 2018

Too repulsive for me.


I yearn to understand minds other than my own. The criminal mind, for instance. How does the criminal mind work? I have to imagine. Being a criminal. Without actually committing criminal acts myself. And what about people who are virtually bored to death? They might as well be dead. I have to imagine being that bored. To better understand how the bored mind works, and doesn’t work. We’re told to imagine what it’s like living in someone else’s shoes. That’s a legitimate thing for me to do. I have to pretend. It’s a little like playing a foul character on stage. The best actors almost live the role. Nothing wrong with that. As long as they remain in control. And can come back to reality. I pretend playing Donald Trump. Now that’s the ultimate challenge. For me. I’d have to set aside my feelings of disgust. And learn to like myself. As Trump. Can’t do it. At the moment, it’s far too repulsive for me. --Jim Broede

No comments: