Monday, July 2, 2018

Keep guessing, please.


I like to keep people guessing. About whether I’m being serious. Or merely joking. It’s one of my favorite pastimes. Thing is. I often don’t know myself.  I’m caught in the middle. Trying to decide. Whether to fall to the right or the left. That’s often the nature of life. I take a position. Without really knowing whether I believe it.  I’m testing the waters. Before I jump in. And become totally immersed. It can be a little like falling in love. Whether to do it all at once. At first glance. Or space it out. Over an indefinite period. I recognize that’s the way it is. When feeling one’s way through life. I don’t hesitate to do crazy things. No. No. I’m not really crazy.  It’s more a case of how I’m perceived. By crazy people. I often declare that I’m the sane one. Everybody else has gone bonkers.  Keep guessing, please. About whether or not I’m telling the truth. --Jim Broede

No comments: