Saturday, September 1, 2018

All I can ask of life.


True love. Goes beyond the physical. To a new plateau. To the spiritual. If one doesn’t believe in the spirit. It’s impossible. To truly fall in love. With another being. Or with life, period.  Really. True love is an out-of-body experience. Physical love comes up short. I never lose my true loves. Even in death. Because I have captured their spirits. Their true essences. When dear Jeanne died of Alzheimer’s. I lost her physical presence. But death released her spirit. Her true self.  In that sense, Jeanne is still with me. Always will be. So very many of us, I suspect, don’t capture the spirits of our loved ones. Instead, we go through the physical motions of love. That’s not true and unconditional love. The spirit has to come into play. Fortunately, I know true love. Not much more. That I can ask of life. --Jim Broede

No comments: