Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Trusting my soulful imagination.


My most precious possession. The last thing I’d give up. Is my imagination. When put to good use. My imagination keeps me alive. And thriving.  Of course, imagination can be a detriment, too. Like an albatross hanging around one’s neck. A cause for anxiety. If I let it be.  Yes, all the more reason.  To take control of my imagination.  And steer it. In a way that makes my dreams come true.  To be or not to be.  To step into whatever role I choose.   Funny thing. I don’t always choose to be happy.  I want some sadness and sorrow. Because that’s a sign that I care. About others.  Yes. Yes. The only way to experience the ups and down of true love.  The best things of life weren’t meant to come easy. Or automatically. Better to be fulfilling. By embracing  and savoring the full gamut of life. I try to do that.  Every day. By trusting my soulful imagination.  --Jim Broede

No comments: