Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sort of a round-about friend.

There's a woman on the Alzheimer's message board. Calls herself jqpr. Apparently, she's shy or afraid to use her real name. She doesn't like me. Sometimes has me psychoanalyzed. In negative ways. She doesn't mean to be funny. But she's really hilarious. Very entertaining. And I really owe her a debt of gratitude. Because she's promoting my blog. Encouraging people to come over and read it. Thinking they'll see the real Broede. The bad Broede. I guess she doesn't quite understand that she's doing me a favor. Bringing people to my blog. I couldn't hire a better publicity agent. And here she is, working for me. For free. Sure, some people may come and not like what they see. But others are bound to like it, and stick around. Oh, so nice. To think, I'm now counting jqpr as one of my blessings. Sort of a round-about friend. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"she's promoting my blog."

NOT ANY MORE

Anonymous said...

I see I was right when I said yesterday I had your number! My post was not placed on here for others to view! The reason in my opinion? You know I am totally correct in my post. You didn't even try to edit it because there was nothing you could have edited! All I said was what a lot people think of you I'm sure. Very sad indeed. Yes, I keep coming back here...but to see if you had the guts to post what I said. Obviously you don't have the guts. You "control" what is said on your blog, fair enough it's your blog. I don't care if the counter keeps going up...might inflate your ego a bit more! So what? It's obvious only 3 or 4 people agree with you, that is a fact...and one you have no control over Jim! Hope you get some help I really do. I know you will not post this message either...but I expected that...makes no difference to me. I proved my point, and only the two of us will know it, good enough for me! I'll keep reading your blog though. You know why? The ravings of a mad man are very entertaining to me. Keeps me amused! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Jim,
I am not referring to the response section. I am referring to your "brooding" section. I am suggesting brooding about one subject in particular, without mentioning what you think about past encounters, past opinions of your observations,or passing judgment. I'm suggesting you try to have the blog stand on its own. I'm suggesting you lay out your own, personal feelings about a subject, say, the Iraqi war. Straightforward. Then, respond to the responses.

It seems like it is too connected to the forum, not really new or different. And, you do seem to be the one who is bringing others into it, personally, even if you weren't the first one to mention names. You knew forum members would visit, since you and "rosie" are promoting it there. You also knew that we would know exactly who you were talking about, and not like it.

Do you understand what I am suggesting?
Maebee

August 28, 2007 12:33 PM

I just knew you couldn't do it.
Maebee

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear Anonymous:

If what brings you here is entertainment, so be it. Who am I to question one's motives? Anyway, you and I have something in common. We both think we are correct. But the fact of the matter is that I'm right and you are wrong. Don't feel bad though. You still have opportunity to get it rignt. Keep working at it. --Jim Broede

rainbowheart said...

Some people really need to grow up....

Broede's Broodings said...

Well, I sure do agree with you, Rainbowheart. That jqpr needs to grow up. And the sooner, the better. --Jim Broede