Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I have no reason to be angry with god.

I guess all I can say is that god has been kind to me. And kind to Jeanne. Yes, god took Jeanne by the Alzheimer's route. But god still gave us almost 40 blessed years together. And more than 10 of those years were plagued, so to speak, by some degree of dementia. But still, Jeanne and I had each other. Throughout the whole ordeal. And I had the ability to care for Jeanne. To show Jeanne my love. Unconditional love in the end. Jeanne and I learned to cope. With the hand we were dealt. I don't know if god was the dealer. Or if it was just random chance. Probably doesn't make a difference. We all have tragedies in our lives. Crosses to bear. One kind or another. And whom am I to say my tragedies are worse or better than others? Ultimately, it's how we deal with 'em that counts. Overall, I think Jeanne and I had blessed lives. Together. If we had to pay for it with Jeanne's Alzheimer's, so be it. I could choose to be bitter about that. And tell god that I hate him for it. Or I can tell god, thanks for the good times. And, oh, by the way god, I'll forgive you for the bad times because the good times sure far outweighed the bad times. And even during the bad times, you gave me the ability to make the best of it. You helped me by allowing me to cultivate a kind and decent and loving and appreciative attitude toward life -- as a whole. I've looked at the big picture and decided, wow! I've lived! I've loved! You gave me Jeanne. And you took Jeanne from me in this physical world called Earth. But I still trust you god. You've allowed me to retain Jeanne's spirit. And I'm assuming you're gonna allow Jeanne and I to have a reunion in paradise. Yes, thank you, god. I'm grateful for this gift of life. And what I've got left of it -- well, I'm gonna continue to savor it. Appreciate it. And I'm gonna feel blessed. And thank you, too, god for blessing Jeanne. You gave her 80-plus years of darn good life. Right here on Earth. And I'm assuming Jeanne is alive and well in another dimension, in a spriit world, in paradise. Yes, god, you've blessed both of us. I have no reason to be angry with you. --Jim

No comments: