Friday, September 21, 2007

...an infinite number of ways.

I like people that are instinctively upbeat. Positive. About themselves. And about other people. They automatically assume that I mean well. They trust me. It’s like if I post a thread about who I am, about my priorities in life, they know that I’m speaking about what’s right for myself, and that I’m not saying, hey, everybody, these should be your priorities, too. I believe in freedom of choice. For everyone. And I like people because they are different. Not the same. I liked Jeanne, in large part, because she was different. Anything but my clone. We balanced each other. We were nice to each other. Despite our differences. And despite the pitfalls of Alzheimer’s. Despite occasional seeming tragedies or negatives in our lives. We always rebounded. We always coped. In large part because we had each other. In meaningful ways. We were dedicated to living life. Loving life. Caring. And adjusting. And adapting. And being optimistic. Being in love. And we didn't expect everybody to follow in our footsteps. Yes, we all have to find our own way. I respect that in life, there are many, many ways...an infinite number of ways. --Jim Broede

No comments: