Saturday, September 8, 2007

Maebee and I...we're really thinkers. Not stinkers.

Oh, Maebee, Maebee, Maebee. At least I understand you. I understand that in some ways I'm reaching you. Because you keep coming back for my words of wisdom and comfort. I do understand that you have a clownish side. A funny side. That you are proud to have been descended from a long line of professional clowns. That like me, you are a bit crazy. I'm Crazy Jim. And proud of it. You could easily be dubbed Crazy Maebee, the clown. You do have a light side. You suggest that I have a dark side. But really, you mistake the light for darkness. I'm really a nice guy. And I give you the benefit of any doubt. So I consider you a nice gal. We're two nice people. Two peas in a pod. In fact, I'm very, very nice. When I am good, I am very, very good. And that makes up 100-fold for any time that I'm bad. I'm bad in a nice way. My badness brings out the good in others. It's like I'm bringing out the good in you, Maebee. Here you are promoting my blog. You suggest that it's a bad blog. But deep down, you know full well that it's good. Very good. And so you seek to bring people to it by telling 'em it's bad. Because you know that's a more effective way to bring people into the Broede realm. The realm of goodness. By telling 'em it's bad. And then once they come, they are hooked. By the goodness of it all. Yes, Maebee, you and I have something in common. We are convoluted thinkers. Some may mistake us for stinkers. But we're really thinkers. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

Dear Maebee:

I have every right to complain about the health care system. That's precisely how one brings attention to a wrong. By talking about it. By complaining. Directly to people. And in print. Why do you think I got into the news business? Why do you think I became a writer? So that I'd have a forum. A way to right wrongs. By summoning public attention. One reason why I have a blog is because I didn't have enough freedom on the Alzheimer's message boards. Because I felt like brooding. About lots of things. About injustices. So I created my own forum. And people keep coming. We're averaging more than 1,000 hits a week. A nice start. And we're attracting people like you, Maebee. People who become angry. People who spread the word. People who tell other people come and see broede's broodings. Yes, it's worth seeing. Worth reading. Isn't that why people keep coming back? People like you, Maebee. --Jim Broede

Broede's Broodings said...

Maebee:

You keep asking the same questions. Over and Over. And I give you answers. But you say I haven't answered. Maybe that's because you don't get the answer you want to hear. Or more likely, you don't know how to listen, Maebee. That's your problem. You just don't listen. Or maybe it's that you don't have the ability to comprehend. I'm not saying you are dumb or stupid. I'm just saying some things are beyond you. It's like with an Alzheimer patient. Some just don't understand what's happening. Don't get it. Some day, you may get it. But you have to try harder. Think harder. You have to cultivate your mind. And open your mind. Hire a locksmith. Someone that can unlock your mind. Let in some light. And fresh air. Some new thought. --Jim Broede