Sunday, September 9, 2007

...what makes life so wonderful.

Here’s the way I look at life. As a writer. I can put a story of life down on paper. Yes, create a make-believe story. For people to read. Or, I can actually live the story. Create my own reality, Which, I think, is really what god wants me to do. That’s the closest one can come to communing with god. The closest one can come to controlling one’s own life. One’s own reality. One’s destiny. I can live the story – the life – that I create. Actually live it. In person. Chapter by chapter. One day at a time. I have the power to interpret what is happening to me, and around me. The significance of it. I can create my own meaning. For good or bad. I can give life a romantic/idealist interpretation. Or I can give life a negative connotation. Yes, I am free. To choose my reality. I can choose to write a reality. Or I can choose to actually live it. And I’m making a choice. Yes, I’m trying to live my life rather than turn it into a novel. I don’t want to imagine living. I want to live, chapter by chapter. Day by day. Not knowing what’s to come next. I have to turn each page to find out. And that’s what makes life so wonderful. –Jim Broede

No comments: