Thursday, October 25, 2007

A perfect world, so to speak.

I suppose that as long as we have religious zealots and fanatics we'll have wars. So many wars have been precipitated by religious strife. The believers in god wage war in the name of their gods all too often. But my free-thinking god tells me that war is obscene. And says that people who wage war are obscene. My god tells me to love. And not to hate. To actually love my so-called enemy. And my god tells me to have faith in mankind. That some day we will reach a heightened state of awareness and acknowledge that war makes no sense. That there are peaceful alternatives. God tells me that in the spirtual realm, there is no war. That in paradise, everyone is permeated by love. It's sort of a love orgasm. Everybody loves everybody. It's truly a kingdom of heaven. Bliss. Joy. A perfect world, so to speak. --Jim Broede

No comments: