Friday, October 26, 2007

I've doubled my pleasure, one might say.

Just a reminder, folks, that I have lots of reasons for starting and continuing my own blog. It certainly gives me a sense of being free. Pretty much the opportunity to speak as I feel. Able to set my own guidelines. My own rules.

Anyway, I try to live by the rules of the particular locale I'm in at the moment. When I'm on the Alzheimer's message boards, for instance, I try to live by the rules established by the Alzheimer's Association. But in my blog, I live by my rules.

I'm happy that I've discovered the world of blogs. I rather like it. Yes, I've been censored on rare occasion on the Alzheimer's message boards. Less than 1 percent of the time. Not nearly as often as the censored-prone Ladies Aid Society. Their members have been flagrant and relatively frequent violators of the Alzheimer Association-imposed rules.

Anyway, even a little bit of deletion proved to be a good thing. For me, that is. Because it channeled me in the direction of the blog. Now I have the best of two worlds -- the blog and the Alzheimer's message boards. I show up at both places daily. And when I feel restricted on the Alzheimer's message boards, I retreat to my blog world. I'm adaptable. Flexible. I've moved on in my own way. I've doubled my pleasure, one might say. --Jim Broede

No comments: