Tuesday, October 2, 2007

...setting a good example...for the rest of the world.

Hey, folks, the counter has slowed down. I think something like 700 hits in the past week Instead of the usual 1,000 or so. I think that’s a sign of success. Progress. I’ve been trying to get the Ladies Aid Society to ignore me. To go in for treatment. To become recovering Broedealholics. To get on with their lives. That sure beats being obsessed with me. Coming back on a daily basis to see what I have to say. And then just getting mad. Angry. Furious. That ain’t good for the ladies. It’s better to be focused on what makes one happy. On being good and reasonably contented care-givers. To be loving beings. Positive thinkers. Maybe some of the ladies learned that I’m not always gonna tolerate their negative comments. The nasty ones. The name-calling. I want people to learn to be nice to each other. Even in disagreement. To be polite and courteous and respectful. I want to gather a following to Broede’s Broodings. But I want that following to exude good vibes. To be reasonably likeable. To be lovers. Of life. Yes, ladies, sometimes less is more. I learned that in caring for my dear Jeanne. I wasn’t a real good care-giver when I was on 24/7. Became tired. Depressed. Spread far too thin. But when Jeanne went into the nursing home, I learned to spend only 8-10 hours a day as an active, on-the-scene care-giver. Didn’t miss a day in 38 months. But I also got daily respite. That made me a darn good care-giver. Good for Jeanne. Good for me. Good for everybody. Quality sure beats quantity. That’s why I see something positive in the decline in the number of hits on this blog. The quality people are sticking around. And the riff-raff – well, they’re leaving. They’ve got the message. Broede’s Broodings wants positive thinkers. Upbeat, positive folks. Lovers of life. People who don’t have to agree with me. But people that approach me in a friendly manner. Yes, I want us to set a good example…right here…for the rest of the world. –Jim Broede

P.S. I noticed a few minutes ago that our next hit will be the 7,777th since we started this blog two months ago. Isn't '7' supposed to be a lucky number? I certainly feel lucky today. And happy.

No comments: