Monday, October 15, 2007

So that everyone benefits. Not just the few.

I want every American to be guaranteed health care. No matter how ill. I want it to become a right. Yes, I want universal health care. For rich and poor. Nobody excluded. And to pay for it, I want our economic resources pooled. Also, I want everybody guaranteed an education. Continuing education. Lifetime education. Anybody who wants to be educated should be educated. Regardless of income. Poor people have a right to be educated. And to pay for this, I want no more wars. I want all of the money being spent on national defense to be poured into domestic programs. To make life better for every citizen. And after that, I want America to help people of other nations. Especially the poor and destitute. Yes, I want money budgeted for foreign aid. To serve the common good. Not to wage wars. Not to exploit other parts of the world. I think that if we did that as an American nation, we wouldn’t have to worry about terrorism. We’d be revered. Respected. If we had all this, we’d all be rich. In spirit. We’d have the necessities of life. That’s all we need. The necessities. Instead of the luxuries. Instead of a widening gap between the rich and the poor. We need a more equal distribution of the wealth. So that everyone benefits. Not just the few. –Jim Broede

No comments: