Wednesday, October 17, 2007

That pulls me through.

I’ve always tried to live a 24-hour day. The best I can. Makes no difference whether I have tranquility or turmoil in my life. Whether I’m a care-giver, or a working stiff, or retired. Whether I’m happy or unhappy, or whatever. When I have too much to do -- well, I make choices. I pick and choose. I adjust. It’s like when my mother was living. And in need of assistance. Help. And Jeanne needed help, too. Tender loving care. I was pulled betwixt and between. I always erred in favor of Jeanne. Oh, there are so many things I’d like to do with my life. But I can’t do ‘em all. But I don’t burden myself with regrets. With recriminations. With guilt. Instead, I just fill my 24-hour day instinctively. By living moment to moment. In the now. In the present. Sometimes I take time to reflect. To sit down. And write. To think. And I tell myself to be positive. To appreciate being an alive and conscious being. Yes, to be in love. That pulls me through. --Jim Broede

No comments: