Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I hate to hate.

Hey, folks, I think we can agree on one thing. We all hate -- Alzheimer's, that is. Also, I hate to hate. It ain't nice to hate. But then again, I think it's all right to hate Alzheimer's. And to hate war. And to hate killing. And to hate lots of things. Figuratively rather than literally. Anyway, I'd like to see hatred eliminated in this world. I think I'd define hatred as the opposite of love. If we loved our enemy rather than hated our enemy, the world would be a better place. And that's what I'm for. Making the world a better place. Without killing. Without war. Without hatred. Instead, with love. Yes, I'm a romantic. An idealist. I still believe in forgiveness. And in love. And it works. Every day. At least in my little niche of the world. Makes me more an optimist than a pessimist. Yes, a romantic optimist. A lover. Of life. Despite everything. --Jim Broede

No comments: