Sunday, October 14, 2007

...they'd get on with the rest of their lives.

My good friend, Cherie, raises an interesting point in the comments section of the thread titled "...and I play by my rules on my turf."

Read her comment. She's suggesting that at least one or two of the ladies in the Ladies Aid Society have taken to "stalking" me. That they've made me an obsession. They simply can't ignore me. They can't leave me alone.

I guess that baffles me. If somebody annoys me, I'm able to leave it alone. Leave it at arm's length. And to get on with other things. Even with George Bush. He annoys we no end. But I don't get obsessed over it. I understand there's nothing I can do to change the situation. I can't get rid of George Bush. He's gonna be the president until the end of his term. And he's gonna do what he does.

Or it's like today's weather. I accept it. It's cloudy. Sure, I'd rather have the sun. But I'll take what I can get and make the best of it. The Bears are playing the Minnesota Vikings today in Chicago. I want the Bears to win. But if they lose, I have to accept it, and not be obsessed over the outcome of the game. I'm not gonna change the outcome, no matter how hard I try.

And these ladies who want to change me. Into a better person. A more understanding person. Can't they learn to accept me as I am? I'm really not doing them any harm. They are harming themselves. With their obsession. And me saying this -- well, it gets 'em even more obsessed. Downright livid. They tell me to shut up. Right on the Alzheimer's message boards. And it gets 'em suspended. Yes, Cherie, if the ladies weren't so obsessed, they'd ignore me. Rather than stalk me. And they'd get on with the rest of their lives. --Jim Broede

No comments: