Wednesday, October 3, 2007

When I savor life.

Hey, I’m not always stirring things up, as some people imply. Maybe 10 percent of the time. And it’s more a case of people choosing to be stirred up. They stir themselves up – as you’ll see on occasion in the comments section of this blog. Anyway, 90 percent of the time, I’m kind and compassionate and within the bounds that so many want me to stay in. But maybe one out of 10 posts rile or antagonize some of you. Hey, that’s not bad, a 9-1 ratio on the so-called plus side. But what so many folks tend to remember is the 1 instead of the 9. What I want people to understand is that I don’t mind being crazy. Zany. Offbeat. That’s what I am. And I do restrain myself. In that I try to limit my crazy antics to 10 percent of the time. Maybe sometimes I slip to 11 percent. But I’m a normal, likeable fella the rest of the time. And even when I’m crazy, I’m still likeable. Or so some people tell me. Maybe what drives me crazy is when I try to be a nice and understanding guy all the time. Makes me feel like a robot. An automaton. I have a sense of being alive, very much alive, when I go crazy. Like when I go crazy in love. Like I did with Jeanne. Or with a place. Or with a job. Or with writing. Or with free-thinking philosophy. When I become passionate. When I get carried away. When I savor life. –Jim Broede

No comments: