Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What's going on, ladies?

More and more, it's hard for me to fathom the hate I've managed to stir. The obsession. Some of these ladies just can't seem to leave it alone. Hey, I can feel dislike for a few people. But I don't hate. And the ones that I dislike, I have no problem more or less ignoring them. I don't go to their blogs. Friends encourage me to go there. To see for myself. But I don't. I only learn secondhand about the vitriol. And it really, truly doesn't bother me. I just consider the source. The hate-mongers. What has this world come to? I see it in the world of politics, too. And so many people are just plain up tight. Unhappy. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm imagining some of this stuff? I don't think so. There seems to be a permeating mood of despair and negativity. At least in the Ladies Aid Society. What's going on, ladies? --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim---I read the comment on your Because There Is Nothing More Precious Than Love thread posted by anonymous (November 7, 2007 7:31 AM) yesterday.

Could not believe the cruelty and hate that the poster benignly expressed. If I ever was tempted to post using another name...it could never be 'anonymous'. People might assume I was her.

Except during a major war, we were never a very united population ...but...We did not stress our differences, were more polite, and attempted to focus on our sameness and humanness.

Now we focus on differences...White/Black; Christian/Non-Christian (or heaven forbid Muslim); heterosexual/homosexual; rich/middle class/poor; working/not working. Add the fact that many people are running scared because of the money crunch and want to find someone else to blame...and...You have the basis for a lot of the hate that we see today.

Alz. caregivers experience all of the above and have the added stress of care giving. Like me they feel the futility of the task and are often depressed. Factor in a few guilty consciences,lack of money along with sleep deprivation... and you have the makings of a very volatile group of people.

I can tell you from experience that their anger and (probably) hate helps them to focus on something else, get through the day and face the thought of tomorrow.

If you look at the situation with that thought in mind...You are providing much needed relief by being one of the people that they love to hate.