Sunday, December 30, 2007

I have to be a true believer. That's a condition of love.

I have been mulling over some of my mail today. Mail from the snob ladies. I call some of it hate mail. But maybe that's too strong a word. And I answer some of it. But inadequately, I think. I don't know how to reach these women. But I can't stop from trying. And sometimes the more I try, the deeper I dig the hole. I tell myself that maybe I should stop trying. But I always seem to think that I am going to find the right words. To reach someone who refuses to understand. I'm always looking for a breakthrough. I think I'm a good communicator. But apparently I'm not good enough. Why can't people learn to communicate? With each other. It shouldn't be that hard. But it is. Unless, that is, people achieve a level of love. Total acceptance of each other. This thing that I call unconditional love. If we don't have that, we tend to fall out of love. Somewhere along the line. I achieved it with Jeanne. Because I had faith. Faith in much the same way that I have faith in god. I have to be a true believer. That's a condition of love. --Jim Broede

No comments: