Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's an intensity...a passion...a tranquility.

I am still learning so much about love. Love baffles me. Intrigues me. I'm not sure if I will ever fully understand love. All I know, I guess, is that it feels good. It's a little like trying to understand god. I can't fully define god. Or grasp god. Yet I feel god. The presence of god. I feel the presence of love. I believe in god because I have to. To make sense of life. And the same goes for love. I have to believe in love. In order to survive. I can't imagine a world without god. Without love. I need god. I need love. And yet, I don't understand it all. It's as if I am moving through life on faith. Blind faith. As if I put my trust in a power I can't understand. That I can only feel. I call it love. Life. I'm alive. Conscious. And permeated by a feeling. A compulsion. To love. Every day. Every moment. I am not alive unless I am in love. Otherwise, I am just going through motions. Being idle. Marking time. Even when I go for a walk, I have to feel that I'm in love. With the walk. With movement. With nature. If I read a book. Or listen to music. I have to feel that I am in love. To fully appreciate it. It's an intensity...a passion...a tranquility. --Jim Broede

No comments: