Thursday, January 3, 2008

Isn't that nice?

Oh, I'm always a little bit sad. And that's good. Because I use it as a springboard to happiness. One needs contrast in life. One has to appreciate and understand darkness to appreciate and understand light. One has to ponder death to appreciate and understand life. Maybe one even has to hate just a little bit in order to love. Some of us have to feel betrayed and sad in order to truly appreciate the ability to love. When I get reflective, I may sound sad. But I'm really not. I miss Jeanne. But when I miss Jeanne, I learn to commune with Jeanne's spirit. And that makes me feel good again. I always find the seeds of happiness in sadness and sorrow. Strange, isn't it? I hope I am conveying a message of happiness and hope. That's really my intent. I feel good. Just being capable of love. Despite the experience of sadness and sorrow. And that makes me happy. It really does. Isn't that nice? --Jim Broede

No comments: