Thursday, January 3, 2008

Intimacy. That's what makes me feel alive and conscious.

Intimacy. Yes, that's the right word. The word I'm searching for. Some people are afraid of intimacy. That's why marriages and relationships fail, I suspect. There's a lack of intimacy. Intimacy scares the hell out of some people. Why is that? How can one love without being intimate? Impossible, I say. Without intimacy, one can't love. One just goes through the motions. I'm not talking about sexual or physical intimacy. Words. Words can be wonderfully intimate. Oh, there are so many ways to be intimate. We can be intimate with each other. From across the ocean. Without ever having met face to face. There are no bounds to intimacy. I've had intimacy with Jeanne in so many, many ways. We taught each other to love. To be intimate. I am still intimate with Jeanne's spirit. I am trying to teach intimacy, I guess. I'm sharing myself. And I'm asking others to share themselves. That's what I want out of life. Intimacy. That's what makes me feel alive and conscious. --Jim Broede

No comments: