Wednesday, January 23, 2008

...the kind of Creation I'd design.

Oh, the many injustices in this world. I'd like to think that things even out in the long run. But they don't. That is, unless there's life after death. Another dimension. A spirit world. Or even reincarnation. Then everything makes sense. But if this life on Earth happens to be all there is -- well, then injustice lives forever. Wrongs do not get righted. Maybe that is why I have come to a romantic notion of life. That life is on-going. It never ends. Unless a human soul wants it to end. Then I say grant that soul an end to living. But if a soul wishes to live forever, allow it to go on and on and on. If I'm god, maybe that's the kind of Creation I'd design.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Oh, the many injustices in this world. I'd like to think that things even out in the long run. But they don't. That is, unless there's life after death. Another dimension. A spirit world. Or even reincarnation. Then everything makes sense."

Jim--That is an interesting thought. If I remember correctly...Your 'God' is all loving and all forgiving. He would grant heaven to all. That concept would even things up...but...Do nothing to make up for the inequities or injustices of the past. I'm too much of an 'eye for an eye' type of person to accept that.

If I bought into the basic hypothesis, I'd have to go for a scenario where God was all loving...but...unwilling to let anyone into 'heaven' that the others believed 'would not ruin the neighborhood'. Those that did not pass muster could be sent back to earth and given another opportunity to get it right. My plot would allow 'God' or 'the others' to stack the deck. Make it easier for some and harder for others, as well as mete out some way for strayed souls to experience some of the pain that they caused and learn lessons that they had forgotten.

That plot may sound anthropomorphic but it could offer an explanation to that old question of "Why bad things happen to good people"

laughingwolf said...

since 'energy cannot be created or destroyed, only altered', and i believe 'life' is a form of energy, we already are immortal

as for 'right and wrong', they are judgment calls, based on our own biases... not universal 'truth'