Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Magical kisses.

Jeanne was concerned for a while about her appearance. Long scars from having two artificial hips. I told her the scars were beautiful. And that they'd go away if I kissed them. So I often kissed her scars. And sure enough. They faded and faded and faded. I have magical kisses. When I tucked Jeanne in bed at night at the nursing home, I gave her goodnight kisses. But I also told her that I'd send some more comforting kisses over at 3 in the morning. And that they'd ride a gentle breeze for 3 miles, all the way to the nursing home and sneak inside a crack in the window and land on Jeanne's cheek. And wake her. But that there would be follow up kisses that land on the other cheek. To put her to sleep again. Yes, magical kisses. --Jim Broede

No comments: