Saturday, January 26, 2008

...no colds in Paradise.

I am afraid that a cold germ has penetrated my armor. I woke up this morning with the initial signs of a cold. One of my so-called killer colds that eventually gives me a deep base voice, and finally hardly no voice at all. It starts in the throat. Now I will be put to the test -- to remain upbeat and positive even when I don't feel good. I will keep reminding myself that I am in love, and that these colds bottom out in 3 or 4 days and within a week the cold may be a distant memory. If it becomes a really bad cold, I'm usually up most of the night. Because I get more relief being up rather than down. Anyway, I will try to find solace in the next few days by focusing thought on my blessing -- being in love. And wishing to be in Paradise. I'm assuming that colds are strictly a physical malady...and that there are no colds in Paradise. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Jim,
I hope you get to feeling better, soon!

Synchronicity said...

colds suck. but sometimes they are nice in that you are supposed to indulge them a bit...eat comfort foods...chicken soup...lay around and watch bad movies...nap...read old novels.

is it possible to enjoy your cold?

hope you feel better soon jim.

Broede's Broodings said...

Well, Merelyme, I suppose it is possible to get solace from a cold. Because it makes me appreciate feeling well again. I have a contrast. That makes feeling good feel even better than good sometimes. Contrasts in life can be a blessing. Darkness makes me better appreciate light. And light makes be better appreciate darkness. They make each other more beautiful. --Jim Broede