Wednesday, January 30, 2008

That's me. Today.

Solitude is, oh, so nice. To be able to withdraw. Into a cocoon. And dream of coming out. As a butterfly. Rested. Refreshed. After having talked to the spirits. Even one's own spirit. To sit down. And write. About what it is to be alive. Maybe in a primeval forest. Or in a vast, dry desert. Or on a seashore. Or just inside one's self. When I am alone, I become comfortable again. Because I come to understand I am not alone. I can live so easily without another human being, or so I think. Instead, I can live with the spirits. Such a thrill. And one of those spirits I knew. When alive in the physical realm. In the flesh. And we touched. Each other. Forever. And I ask, what am I to do? And she tells me. Live. Today. Without concern for tomorrow. And I am not to reason why. That's me. Today. --Jim Broede

No comments: