Saturday, February 23, 2008

And it works.

I'm reading an interesting blog. The blogger posed some interesting questions. Here they are. And my answers at the moment. But I'm in a constant state of flux. It's quite possible that some of my answers may change tomorrow.

Do you believe there is a God?

I look at it more as a matter of what I want to believe. Yes, I want to believe there’s something I tend to call god. But I don’t really know how to define god. I can’t fully describe god. So, I can’t say I necessarily believe in god. Because I don’t know what god is. But I want to believe in something that I don’t know exists. But I sort of create god. In my imagination. I think of god as love. Pure love. And I’m not sure exactly what love is. Even though I think I’m in love. I have a feeling. One that I sense is love. And if that’s so, then I must be in love. With god. Or maybe I am just in love with love. With the very notion of love. And if god is love – well, then I am in love. With the notion of god.

Do you believe there is a heaven?

And when I am in love, I sometimes feel I am in Paradise. Which also can be defined as Heaven, I suppose. A place where one feels bliss and happiness. Maybe even ecstasy. When I feel intensely happy, and totally in love, I am in Paradise/Heaven. So in that sense, I believe in Heaven.

Do you believe there is a hell?

I suppose hell is to live unhappily on Earth. In that sense, there is hell. For the people who voluntarily live there. They create their own hell. Because of their hellish attitudes. I have yet to live in hell. But I have lived in Paradise. Maybe living in clinical depression is hell.

Do you meditate or pray?

I think. I ponder. I reflect. I brood. I suppose these are all forms of meditation.

What belief most sustains you...helps you through challenging times?

The notion that I have the option to be happy. To be in love. And the fact that I have used the option many times. And it works. --Jim Broede

No comments: