Sunday, March 9, 2008

...a glimpse into the past.

When I was walking in the neighborhood here in Arizona last night it occurred to me that maybe I was walking back into the 1930s. This southwest architecture and lighting and plant life seemed to be a blend of Art Deco. Which was so popular in the 1930s, wasn't it? And most of the yard lights were amber. A soft amber. The kind of amber used in films to give a sense of the past. And the big glass arched windows. The door designs, too. They all seem so much out of what I imagine the 1930s were like. And all the shadows seemed to have an art deco design. Anyway, it was sort of a strange feeling. But delightful. Like I was being given a glimpse into the past. And I thought maybe that's as good as glimpsing into the future. --Jim Broede

No comments: