Saturday, March 8, 2008

Let's have a revolution!

I've been reading dire predictions by some economists that ultimately the cost of the war in Iraq will exceed $3 trillion. Yes, $3 trillion. What a waste of money. I could think of thousands of better ways to spend $3 trillion. To benefit America. And the world. Instead, we're a nation throwing money down a rat hole. And we ordinary Americans stand idly by and let it happen. Shame on us. Disgraceful. To think this is what America has come to. Spending $3 trillion on a senseless and obscene war. If we were self-respecting Americans, we'd do something about it. We'd bring an end to this war. Hey, I'd like to be a proud American again. Let's have a revolution! Let's protest. Let's declare that we're mad as hell and we're not going to take this any more. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I suppose I'm not really proud to be an American. Oh, I have things I like about America. Not least being the freedom I have to mouth off. I don't like the direction America has been headed in over the past 10 or 15 years. Especially during the George Bush era. Makes me feel ashamed that America has twice elected such a bad president. Maybe the worst president we've ever had, in my opinion. We're all to blame for letting George Bush happen. I just hope we Americans can rally and get things fixed. Soon. End the senseless war in Iraq. Make the rich pay more taxes. Adopt single payer universal health care. Rein in the corporate tax evaders. Rebuild the deteriorating infrastucture. Fix the economy. Eliminate poverty. End racism. Oh, so many, many things. I want to be proud of America before I die. --Jim Broede