Friday, March 7, 2008

Makes me feel alive.

Just thinking. About how to be happy. And that is to find enjoyment in whatever I'm doing. Whether it be going for a walk. Or shopping. Or sleeping. Or eating breakfast. Or reading the newspaper. Or just sitting down at the computer and not knowing exactly what to write. In other words, to think. About what I'm doing. And why I'm happy doing it. Because then I am more than a robot. I'm focusing on what I'm doing. I'm becoming aware. I just sat down this morning, and didn't have anything specific in mind. But then I decided to ask myself, how can I enjoy this moment? And I guess I decided, by thinking about it. To begin to understand that I am alive and conscious. Very much aware of the moment. And I like to write. Because it's a way to capture my thoughts. Some day, I could just sit down and write. Non-stop. All day. Maybe I should try it some day. To see what I write. To capture a full day of thoughts. Doesn't matter where it leads me. To put down everything that comes to mind. And then at the end of the day see if I can make any sense of it. That's better than just talking a thought and allowing the thought to drift away, more or less into nothingness. But when I record it, it's there. In print. For me to review. To ponder. Maybe it's a way to psychoanalyze myself. To just flow naturally. To let the words come. To let the thoughts come. Without looking for meaning. At least not looking initially. Maybe that is robotic. Sort of thinking without thinking. In the end, maybe I have to ask myself why am I doing this? And I guess it's that I asked myself initially what can I do to enjoy the moment? This moment. And I get back to the idea that I'm in love. With life. With someone. With all sorts of things. With this activity. Writing. With creating a blog. With writing love letters. With thinking. Thinking. Thinking. I love it. I love where I am going today. It makes me feel good. Makes me feel alive. --Jim Broede

No comments: