Wednesday, March 5, 2008

...happy with my lot in life.

I suspect we all get scared when we think well into the future. It can be bleak. Maybe that's all the more reason to focus on now. On today. And live each day the best we can. Savoring it. One day at a time. Seems to me that I can find something to be happy about on any given day. And so, I try to focus on that. Today, I'm enjoying a nice sunny day in Arizona. The high is supposed to be 74 degrees. And I'm going for a walk. It feels nice being alive. Oh, my Jeanne died about 14 months ago. But I'm not dwelling on that. It was a while back. I'm busy living today. As for tomorrow, I'll deal with it when tomorrow arrives. And I'll find a way to make the best of it. I'll probably spend a good part of tomorrow watching the Chicago Cubs play an exhibition baseball game. I'll enjoy it. Even if the Cubs lose. Yes, I don't need everything. And I'm still happy with my lot in life. --Jim Broede

No comments: