Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I don't buy that crap.

The way I look at it, war is immoral. I'd like to think that there often are ways to avert war. To find suitable alternatives. By negotiating. By settling differences in relatively peaceful ways. Because it just doesn't seem to make sense for people to go out and kill each other. Yes, killing seems sort of immoral to me. I think virtually every war humankind has fought could have been averted. Even World War II. Which we Americans think was a just war, a necessary war. I don't think that it's written in the genes of humans that we have to settle our differences with war. There are ways of working things out. Without killing each other. I have a feeling that there are other advanced civilizations in this vast cosmos where people live without going to war. Because they decided that war doesn't make sense. Because it's inhumane. It's pure folly. Not what the Creator had in mind. Seems to me that most wars are absolutely senseless. Take the one going on now. In Iraq. Something called a pre-emptive war. A war against evil. Yet this war is perpetrating more evil than the evil it was supposed to eliminate. And it's even costing American taxpayers $3 trillion. Imagine that. Couldn't we Americans find better ways to spend $3 trillion? To save lives. To make for better living conditions in this world. Instead, we wage war after war. All in the name of making for a better world. I don't buy that crap for a minute. --Jim Broede

No comments: