Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'd find it difficult...

I’m 72. But I often feel like a boy. I still believe in Santa Claus. And the Easter bunny. Even in god. Some might accuse me of living in fantasy land. But to me, all this is real. I’ve chosen to live as a romantic idealist. Which means I believe in love. I believe that dreams come true. I guess that’s the little boy in me. I refuse to change. I don’t ever want to become a total adult. I want the child in me to remain forever. That means when Jesus said it’s possible for all of us to walk on water, I want to believe it’s possible. That he isn’t kidding. But I haven’t yet believed it beyond one iota of doubt. Once I erase that one iota, I’ll be able to do it. Oh, deep down, I really have to admit a little bit of doubt about Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. But I believe in god. Because I want to. Because I have to. Life wouldn’t make sense any other way. Yes, I believe in a creator. A god of love, so to speak. Seems to me love is real. Because I feel it. That is what sustains me. And keeps me a little boy. I think it’s wonderful that god has created love. I’d find it difficult, if not impossible, to live without love. –Jim Broede

No comments: