Monday, April 7, 2008

...for which I am grateful.

Try not to let the cloudy, rainy weather get you down, I tell people. There's something nice about a cloudy, rainy day. I'm not kidding. I like 'em mixed in with the sunny days. It's a nice contrast. One can't do anything about the weather, anyway. One might as well make the best of it. Weather is relative, too. Would one rather have the spring we're having in Minnesota? Yesterday, I walked in the fog. Not a London fog. But even if it were a London fog, I'd like it. It would be a good excuse to read a Sherlock Holmes story. And imagine that I was on Baker Street. Ready to meet the great detective. To learn more about his immediate and interesting case. One doesn't have to wish for a better day. One can make it better. At least I have that ability. I don't have to wait for god or for Mother Nature to bless me with a so-called perfect day. I can create one myself. God gave me that ability...for which I am grateful. --Jim Broede

No comments: