Monday, April 7, 2008

...for a reason.

Sometimes I like to get up in the very early morning hours. Before daybreak. Just for the heck of it. Maybe it’s because I have something on my mind. I don’t always know what. But I tend to sit down at my computer. And do whatever my fingers tell me. Like now. I have no idea what I’m gonna write. But it seems the natural thing to do. And I’ve just noticed that my two favorite creatures, cats Loverboy and Chenuska, have joined me. Atop a cushion on my desk. So there’s three of us. And I think, isn’t that nice? Maybe it’s that all of us wanted company. It’s a good feeling. To have companions. To share this moment in life. I suppose that gets the day off to a good start. Earlier than expected. Though I’ll probably go back to bed. Maybe read for a while. Yes, maybe that’s what I’m supposed to be doing. To read a story. Maybe one that will give me inspiration today. And all of a sudden, I get the sense that the spirits are trying to make contact with me…for a reason –Jim Broede

No comments: