Tuesday, April 8, 2008

...my slow, relaxed life.

I’m learning to live in slow motion. And it feels wonderful. No need to hurry through life. I even love in slow motion. Yes, life in slow motion allows me to savor life. So much of my life was spent in fast motion. In a hurry. Meeting deadlines. Juggling too many activities. I’m 72 now. I should have learned to slow down sooner. But hey, better late than never. Maybe I’m motivated by the fact that I’m in love. Oh, it’s so enjoyable. So satisfying. So rewarding. Because I’m taking it slow. One day at a time. Living the moment to the utmost. By plodding. I’m in no hurry to get to tomorrow. Because my today is wonderful. I used to jog and run. But now I go for walks. Long walks. Slow walks. When I sit down for a meal, I don’t hesitate to take an hour. Maybe two. I eat ever so slowly. The food tastes better that way. When I read a book, I take my time. I read and re-read. And then I ponder what I’ve read. Slowly. And tonight, like always, I won’t hurry to bed. And when I do fall asleep, I’ll do it slowly. Because I want to enjoy my slow, relaxed life. –Jim Broede

1 comment:

Jaga Kut Niya Negus said...

That's the key to healing slowing down, let it happen and preparing for life.
Not passing it by at ligh speed---that only causes us to forget faster and remember less.
Lets teach rememberance and not forgetfulness.
klcouncil
thx fo carin Jim