Thursday, April 24, 2008

...makes me a real patriot.

I noticed that some politicians are being criticized for not wearing an American flag lapel pin. Apparently, that's reason to question their patriotism. How idiotic. As if a lapel pin should be a measure of one's patriotism. Just think how unpatriotic I am. I refuse to buy postage stamps with the American flag on 'em. It's really my way of protesting some of the actions and inactions of my country. I want to be proud of America again. But not until America makes amends for the obscene war in Iraq and narrows the gap between the rich and the poor and provides for universal health care. Yes, I have reasons to be ashamed of America. But by golly, I'm gonna keep working for change. To make for a better America. I think that makes me a real patriot. --Jim Broede

No comments: