Saturday, August 23, 2008

I fall asleep with a smile.

One thing I have learned about love is that it must be cultivated. Daily. To be a lover, it requires full-time. It must be one's occupation. One must live it. Doesn't necessarily mean 24 hours a day. But certainly as much time as one would spend on his full-time job. That of making a living. Except, a lover makes a loving. That's his living. I didn't understand this until recent years. Maybe in the last three years of Jeanne's life. Then I became full-time. And that's what I am now. Full-time at loving. More so than ever. One might say, it's my preoccupation. I think love. I feel love. Most of the time. A day never goes by without me feeling like a lover. I work at it. Oh, maybe 'work' isn't the exact word. I pursue love. Yes, it's my pursuit. My pastime. I love being in love. There's no better feeling. I nurture love. I live for love. Wasn't always that way. I didn't always cultivate love. At times, I let it lay dormant. Not any more. When I get up in the morning, I'm thinking love. And the same goes for when I go to bed in the evening. I savor love. I am enraptured. I enter Paradise, so to speak. I fall asleep with a smile. --Jim Broede

No comments: