Thursday, August 21, 2008

In Eden. In Paradise. In love.

Any day I can tune in the news. And learn of the latest poll. That the election between John McCain and Barack Obama is a toss up. Or that the two presidential aspirants are just a few points apart. Or that older Americans favor one over the other. Enough. Enough. Enough already. I don't give a damn. The election is 10 weeks away. I don't want to know the outcome of a hypothetical election being held today. It's far too early to predict what's gonna happen in November. Hey, all I know for certain is that I'm alive and in love. Today. And that is what counts. I'll savor the moment. I don't wanna hear that the world might end tomorrow. I don't even wanna hear who might win the presidential election come whenever. Everytime I read a newspaper or tune in TV, I hear so much senseless minutia. The important thing is that I'm in love. That I'm healthy. That I'm walking on Earth today and have the opportunity to enjoy another day of life. Meanwhile, don't bother me with trifles. I'm living in Eden. In Paradise. In love. --Jim Broede

No comments: