Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's beautiful, too.

I'm doing little things around the house and the yard, too. Fixing up. Cleaning. Bit by bit. I'm trying to eliminate the clutter. To some degree. I have this goal of being surrounded by significantly less clutter by October. I think our surroundings affect our moods. There's such a thing as a clutter mood. A messy mood. I've chosen to have so many, many books. And CDs. Collections. Bird houses. And I tell myself -- well, Jim, aim for a neat sort of clutter. If there is such a thing. I suppose books and CDs and knick-knacks make me feel comfortable. At least to a degree. More so than starkness. Although there is something positive to be said about the stark, too. Like a snow landscape that looks a little like a desert. Yes, sand dunes can be beautiful. No trees. No bushes. Just miles and miles of sand. Stark sand. Or a clear, uncluttered sky. Or a vast, vast ocean. Nothing but water. In every direction. No land. Water. Water. Water. Everywhere. No, that's not bleak. Not stark. It's beautiful, too. --Jim Broede

No comments: