Saturday, August 23, 2008

...not quite ready for winter.

Ahhh! That's a sound of pleasure. I left the windows and doors open all night, And it's 60 degrees in the house. A cooling breeze off the lake. A sign here in Minnesota that autumn can't be far away. There's something refreshing about cooler weather. I love the change of seasons. As summer nears an end, I welcome autumn. And then winter. And spring. And summer once again. The cycles of life are wonderful, too. At 72, I'm in autumn, I suppose. That is, if I'm lucky. Because I'm not quite ready for winter yet. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

skericheri said...

Jim---The school year starts Monday...Autumn is just around the corner. Been sleeping with my windows open and fans on for weeks...but...End up turning the air conditioner on every afternoon.

Summer seems to be hanging on for dear life. I want it gone yesterday!!!